Meeting 3: Industrial Stormwater Multi-Sector General PermitWater Science and Technology Board
January 31, 2018
Web conference on State Reflections on Industrial Stormwater Monitoring
Click here to Register
11:00 a.m. Welcome and logistics of web conference
Stephanie Johnson, Study Director
Welcome and overview of the agenda
Allen Davis, Chair
11:05 a.m. State Reflections on Industrial Stormwater Monitoring
Each state will have up to 10 minutes to discuss the following questions:
- What do you see as the challenges of the industrial stormwater monitoring process?
- How are your state regulations different from the MSGP and why?
- How useful is the industrial stormwater data you collect? What changes are needed to make the data more useful to improve industrial stormwater management?
- Have you encountered a continuous ?do-loop" where facilities exceed benchmarks repeatedly but they?ve taken all reasonable steps to try to address the problem? How do you deal with it?
- What triggers a facility to get an individual permit?
- Melissa Wenzel and Brian Schweiss, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- June Bergquist: Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
- Paul Hvlanka, Maryland Department of Environmental Protection
- Jim Bertolacini, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Travis Porter and James Marocelli, Washington Department of Ecology
- Sebastian Donner and Patrick Burch, West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection
- Others TBD
12:05 p.m. Questions for speakers from committee members
1:30 p.m. Adjourn