Meeting 2: Supplemental Treatment of Low-Activity Waste at the Hanford Nuclear ReservationNuclear and Radiation Studies Board
The Red Lion Richland Hotel
802 George Washington Way Richland WA 99532
Morning of February 28, presentations from Washington River Protection System contractors:
1. Introduction - Jason Vitali -- no slides were used
2. Hanford Low Activity Waste Historical Overview - Dave Swanberg
3. System Plan 8 Baseline Case SLAW Sizing - Jeremy Belsher
4. History of Supplemental LAW Treatment Reviews - Dave Swanberg
5. History of Supplemental LAW Cost Comparison - Dave Swanberg
6. Advanced Glass Program - John Vienna
7. ILAW Glass Testing Program Status - Elvie Brown
8. Overview of the 2017 IDF Performance Assessment for LAW - Pat Lee
9. Radioactive Waste Test Bed Initiative - Stephanie Doll
10. Cementitious Waste Form Formulation and Testing Status - Dave Swanberg
Afternoon of February 28 and morning of March 1, presentations from FFRDC team members (all slides from these presentations are in one file):
1. Bill Bates (Savannah River National Laboratory, SRNL) -- Introduction to study and lines of inquiry table and schedule overview
2. Michael Stone (SRNL) -- process flowsheet overview and feed vector overview
3. Alex Cozzi (SRNL) -- baseline and vit flowsheets and preliminary technical readiness levels (TRL)
4. George Guthrie (Los Alamos National Laboratory) -- grout flowsheets and waste forms and preliminary TRLs
5. Nicholas Soelberg (Idaho National Laboratory) -- steam reforming and waste forms and preliminary TRLs
6. Thomas Brouns (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory) -- technologies considered and not included
7. John Cochran (Sandia National Laboratories) -- disposal facilities overview, waste acceptance criteria, and transportation
8. Thomas Brouns -- analytic approach to risk
9. Frank Sinclair (SRNL) -- cost estimating methodology
10. Bill Bates -- wrap up
Afternoon of March 1:
Alex Smith, Washington State Department of Ecology, "Supplemental Treatment Hanford Immobolized Low Activity Waste Discussion."
Susan Leckband, Hanford Advisory Board, "Roles of the Hanford Advisory Board."
Matthew Johnson, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) [Slides unavailable]
Evening of March 1:
Don Alexander, Ph.D., independent consultant, "Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Alternatives Estimated to Significantly Reduce Life Cycle Costs."
NOTE: All input received by the committee, including any names and e-mail addresses included in the input, will be made available in the Public Access File for the project and may be quoted in whole or in part in the committee's report(s).