Scoping Meeting on the Role of Animal Agriculture in a Sustainable 21st Century Global Food System: Presentations
Please click in the presentation you would like to view.
All presentations download in PDF.
Opening Remarks & Charge to Workshop Participants (Norman R. Scott, BANR chair, Cornell University)
Environmental Impacts of Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Impacts of Animal Agriculture: Key Issues (Henning Steinfeld, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)
- Environmental Impacts of Animal Agriculture (Frank M. Mitloehner, University of California-Davis)
- Options to reduce the environmental impacts of livestock production: Effectiveness and implications (Maurits van den Berg, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency)
Animal Agriculture and Economic Issues
- Economic Aspects of Animal Agriculture (Gary W. Williams, Texas A&M University)
Animal Agriculture and Public Health
- Animal Agriculture and Public Health (Walter Willett, Harvard University)
- Food safety implications for "sustainable" livestock production (Scott Hurd, Iowa State University)
Animal Welfare and Ethics of Animal Production
- Animal Welfare* (Joy Mench, University of California-Davis)
- Ethics and Farm Animals (Paul B. Thompson, Michigan State University)
*This presentation is not available online. Please contact Karen Imhof for a copy of this presentation.
Food Security and Animal Agriculture
- Food security and animal production (Mark Rosegrant, International Food Policy Research Institute)
- Food security, livelihoods, and livestock in the developing world (Mario Herrero, International Food Policy Research Institute)